Hello and welcome everyone!

Greetings, I hope all is well and I thank you for taking the time to stop by and view my blog. Hope you are inspired by what you see and enjoy your view. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here. Thanks and be blessed!

P.S. All pictures can be clicked on for a larger view.
Mary

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Lytana!

I created this card for a dear friend for her 38th Birthday. It wasn't something she expected as I had never created a card for her before. I must say she was speechless! I struggled with this one because I am so use to using flowers only for my birthday cards but to drag a mouse in, what was I thnking?! Anywho! card is 6.50" x5" , I cut a 4" square and embossed it with the swiss dots folder from cuttlebug. I used a cotton ball dabbed with violet pigment ink and swiped across the square to make the dots pop. The scallop was cut using Storybook cartridge at 4.75". It is the flower shadow also highlighted the scallop edges. Stamp is House Mouse soothing bath. Colored with Sharpie and Bic ultra fine markers. Flowers are from making memories and gems are by Darice. the branches are punched using a Martha Stewart branch punch. The paper is Sunburn doublesided paper stack picked up at Sam's Club. The branches were an unexpected find as the paper was a check pattern in greens only. I love the variations in the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

These are the friends that took the time to stop and leave a comment!